Here we go! I would say that this presentation applies to about 8 out of every 10 students at Cal State Dominguez Hills.
**Edit Having never actually BEEN an undergraduate student at CSUDH, this list is compiled on a couple years of observations in my GRADUATE LEVEL classes. Tisk-tisk, Toros, tisk-tisk.**
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the most accurate top 10 of all time:
10. You surf the 'net throughout class, then raise your hand asking for clarification on assignments right before class is dismissed.
9. You write with mostly incorrect grammar, spelling, and syntax.
8. You complain about professors because, you know, "they so stupid."
7. You listen to music in class. No. Really. You listen to music in class.
6. The professor in your class acknowledges that you're paying thousands of dollars to listen to music in class, makes eye contact with you, and realizes, "Why bother? They're gonna end up at Starbucks anyways," and continues on with the lecture while a handful of students sit idly by, shocked that you would play your music out loud for the world to hear as if you were at the mall.
5. You transferred over from CSU Long Beach because "all the classes at Beach were like, so impacted. Such an impacted program."
4. You don't know how to use Blackboard. Ever.
3. You treat professors as if they were beneath you, giving them no shred of respect for their profession, the hours that went into obtaining a Doctorate, or the countless hours that they've poured into research that will better their field. You firmly believe that your professors are, much like your high school teachers, nuisances and babysitters.
2. You talk over your professors because, like, your life is so important and, like, you're the one paying them, so whatever.
1. You were an absolute, unadulterated, disrespectful piece of shit in high school who just barely scored your diploma from a school that passed you out of mercy, and you ended up here.
Stay Classy, Toros.